Hi I’m Carrie and sometimes I blog here at this website. But seriously, I’m going to do better. I like to think I have grand excuses for not updating the blog but alas there are none; other than the fact that since October our lives haven’t been very interesting. I guess since Micah started school again (last August) we err on the side of boring.
Here are a few fun things we’ve done since last fall.
1. My mom visited in September and we took her to Bar Harbor, Maine.
The most delicious breakfast I think I’ve ever had.
Blueberry Soda – We ate a lot of Blueberry
2. After our 10k in July we took a long hiatus and then tried to train again.
And it didn’t go well.
3. In October I visited my sister in Texas.
She was a docent for the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit.
4. We had our first snow at the beginning of November.
It was a good one too!
5. I cooked all sorts of yummy goodness for Thanksgiving.
6. My husband took me out for a wonderful evening. We saw a show, ate at a snazzy restaurant, got cupcakes from a cute dessert boutique, and then topped it off by staying in a fancy hotel downtown.
My pumpkin cream cheese cupcake.
7. We decorated for Christmas on Thanksgiving morning.
This was a new addition this year. Tomato cage Christmas tree in my kitchen. It was lovely.
8. We made the long voyage down south to see family at Christmas again. Thankfully the drive went much faster than last year.
Before we left I was determined to capture every state sign that we passed, and I succeeded. Not pictured: WV, VA, NC, SC, GA. (No worries, I do have them!)
9. And last but definitely not least. While we were home I got to spend an incredible week with my family and see this precious face every single day.
I mean really, what’s not to love?